Sunday, June 6, 2010

Still at the starting line!

So weeks later and I am finally writing my next post! I really must start making more of an effort to post regularly.


 Life has been a little crazy of late! My partner and myself are currently renting, and one night on my drive home from work I received a phone call from our real estate telling me that the owner of the property had decided he wanted to sell!! I must admit that when I first found out I freaked out a little, my usual worried self with a thousand thoughts running through my head, making everyday tasks seem complex because my mind was off elsewhere. All I could think of was where were we going to live, how long did we have to find a new place, etc. But luckily for me my partner is pretty calm and he told me that there was no point worrying about things that hadn't even happened yet...as usual he was right, I was stressing for nothing!! "Que Sera, Sera"


So yesterday was our first open house...talk about a lot of people!! Over 10 couples/families went through, seemed like there was people everywhere. Although a few were only there for a short amount of time... obviously not what they were looking for!! It did feel weird having people come through the house. I know they were looking at the house, and although it isn't my house, it is still currently my home so it felt somewhat intrusive. I wanted to stay inside and see what people had to say about the property but at the same time it just didn't feel right, so we headed outside and watched people come and go. We are lucky enough to have fantastic neighbours and once our neighbour saw the two of us standing out on the street, she was nice enough to have us over for tea and coffee while the open house was going on. And if it wasn't annoying enough having people come through the house it was even more frustrating having people show up an hour after the time specified for the open house, and if it keeps happening I think it will drive me batty!


Before all of this came about we had actually been saving for a deposit for a house anyway, but we hadn't really decide when to start looking at actually buying a house. So I think is the kick in the backside to get us out there and get the ball rolling, because knowing me in particular, I'd keep putting it off until the "time was right" which I don't think there is ever a right time to buy property.

So now the search is on for us to find a house...and with my partner and his job sometimes requiring him to travel all over the country it looks like I'll have to get in there and do most of the research into the properties and relay everything back to him! He wants to be here...but who know where they will send him to next. Cross fingers it is somewhere close to home. The rest of this year is going to be crazy!!

2 comments:

  1. I just sat down to read this properly - and that blows about having to move!! But new houses are exciting!! How long do you have to move??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it will all depend on when/if the house sells!! But once it sells I think they have to give a months notice!? So at this stage we are just waiting to see what happens!!

    ReplyDelete