Friday, May 4, 2012

My little addiction!

Hello my name is Nadia and I am addicted to organising and D.I.Y. blogs  :o)

So when I checked my google reader after being M.I.A to it for a couple of days, and saw the number of blog posts waiting for me...I had this sudden feeling of dread, and slowly became overwhelmed to the thought of having to read them all. So I had to ask myself the question "how many is too many?"

I still don't know/have the answer to that question...but what I have decided is that I really can't keep up with all of them! Even when I am making the time to go through them, I feel as though I don't absorb the content because I'm thinking of the giant list I have to clear! I like to spend some of my time relaxing, reading them and taking in the post...but not frantically scanning over them to see if I want to read it the whole post or mark it as being read.

So what is the point of having them all and so called "reading" them if I take away nothing from them?

Now don't get me wrong...I still love reading blogs! I love how it can connect people with the same interests from all over the world together in one place! I love the fact that there is so many inspiring people with great stories, great ideas and so much talent! But with so many people in this world, and with all this talent and inspiration all saved within my reader, I have reached a point where I feel overwhelmed and anxious quite often when I open it see all the unread post waiting for me...I guess I could say I feel like a "blog hoarder!" Although I don't fill up my house with possessions to the point were I feel overwhelmed, I am filling up my reader with so much content it is having the same affect...except my mess is hidden away behind a password!

Now I don't want to give them all up (I have an addiction remember lol) ...but I do need to cull a fair few to get back to the point where I feel excited and eager to read what some of these wonderful people have to say! So I have decide it is time to purge....

So I have set myself a goal! Over the next week I am going to go through and cull at least 50% of them! I am hoping I can cull even more than that! Hmmm...I guess time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment